Sunday, August 14, 2011

Back From Camp!!

Hello ladies, gentlemen, boys, girls, cats and dogs!
So as you know, I was at camp for the last few days. And boy was it fun!!
The weather was great too, and I had so much fun with all my friends there!
On the first day, we got settled into our rooms and got assigned into different teams, played games, and ate. ... A LOT of eating.
So we were in Mission, B.C. The rooms in the main building were actually not that bad, considering it was just one room that slept up to 6 people. There was one thing that I was frustrated about. The boys side was renovated and had new bunkbeds and stuff, but the girls side was just same old same old (except for the bathroom. The bathroom was renovated.) . However, it was still a very nice room, and thankfully, I was placed with all of my friends and our favourite teachers!! The placing was so great that other kids were saying that it was unfair (LIFE ISN'T FAIR. MUAHAHAHA). We were split up into five teams, but this time, to my disappointment, we didn't count points. Everyone asked why we did not this year, and every single time the teachers would tell us that it was because everybody was a winner. Of course we knew that we couldn't argue with that so...
We did a whole lot of eating. We probably spent half the day eating. We ate every two hours. Breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack. I don't know how I managed to keep all that food down because I know that I do not have a big appitite, but I somehow got used to it. The games were awesome! We had so much fun playing them, and it was great. Of course, the arts and crafts were really fun too, and we did lots and lots of that. The weather was perfect weather to play games in (thank goodness it wasn't raining like the weather forecasters said it would).
Unfortunately, I had trouble sleeping because the first time I fell asleep I had a terrifying nightmare (No, I can't tell you about it. It's too scary. You'll have nightmares just hearing about my nightmare.) and after I woke up from it after a bunch of worthless screaming in my dream, I had a major headache. And of course, I couldn't go back to sleep because of that headache. I ended up sleeping close to 2 AM.
ANYWAYS. ON TO THE SECOND DAY.
On the second day I discovered how deep of a sleeper one of my cabin leaders were. She had set the alarm for us, and while everybody else woke up at 6:30 (BRIGHT AND EARLY?! THE SUN HADN'T EVEN WOKEN UP YET) she was snoring away like there was no tomorrow. At first we thought she simply hadn't heard the alarm, so we shouted her name so she could wake up. No answer. After shouting her name over and over again, it became somewhat like a game for us. It was amusing. Hearing all the commotion coming from our room, the girls from the other rooms came over to see what was happening. When we told them, they each came over and took turns trying to wake her up. We slapped her cheek. We shook her arm. We tickled her. We clapped into her ear. We screamed in her ear. We would've pinched her nose and held her mouth, but she was sleeping so deeply that we were scared she would stop breathing entirely if we did it. Finally a teacher from another room came over and took her phone and put the ringtone on on maximum volume and put it right beside her ear. That woke her up. Well, kind of woke her up. But her eyes were half open, and that was good enough for us. So after trying to wake her up, we quickly ran upstairs to have breakfast. And after games, lunch, and a team relay, we finally got what we were waiting for; a water fight. At this time everyone was running around screaming like maniacs with waterguns, hoses, buckets of water, water balloons, spray bottles, everything. It was like a war zone, and everybody got wet. The teachers too. That was really fun. The weather was hot out too, so it was perfect to get really wet. Soaking wet. So after doing all that they ordered us back to our rooms to shower. After that? More games. Then dinner. Then we had a dance competition where we had to make up our own dance moves for an entire song. That was great. We had guest judges too! After that we had more games. (Lots of games...) Then of course, we had campfire! That was fun. Mmm. S'mores. Yum yum. Campfire songs! Anyways, after that we were sent to bed.
THIRD DAY
On the last day, we went canoeing! YAY! That was really fun. We almost flipped over 7 times and other boats flipped over a lot of times. It was funny to watch them scream as they fell into the water. Then, we had games. Then, we drove back. The drive should've taken one and a half hours, but instead in took three because of traffic. There were lots of cars on the road flipped over because of a big accident. -gasp-
Well, now I'm back and it was very very very tiring.
BUT I was willing to stay longer ^^
I will be back soon people, probably with yet another blog post~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment