Sunday, August 21, 2011

Adjustments

Hi Everybody!!
So as you know, I am moving. Alrthough not far, there's still a lot of things to adjust to. A new school, a new neighbourhood, new friends, and a new house.

It will be rather hard adjusting from my noisy downtown apartment to the quiet, humble home in a nice little neighbourhood with houses that look like the ones that you would see in fairytales. And now we have next door neighbours and a small garden. Also, I do not come out onto the sidewalk to meet a bunch of stores and cars and people anymore. Now I come out to see a big, big field in front of me, an occasional person, and a bunch of small houses painted all different colours. I also cannot see the ocean from my house anymore. No more taking walks along the seawall in the evenings. That's really sad. I love living by the sea. -sigh- And here, when I go to bed and turn out the lights, I can still easily see in the dark because of the light coming from the other buildings and the streets. But now it will be pitch black when the lights go out, since there's nothing but the streetlamps. The last thing I hear before I go to bed is usually people screaming or cars on the street. Now it will be silence. The last thing I hear before I go to bed will be nothing. That kind of creeps me out. Nothingness creeps me out.

And the house is a huge thing to get used to one of the big things is the elevators. Probably half of the six years of my life I have lived in my building I spent going up and down the elevators in my building. I am just so used to them. I have to get used to the stairs now. not even that many. And just going up two floors... not 22. We have gone down 20 floors. That's a pretty big difference. And another thing is that we have landlords. Which means we can't be too loud; which means that I can't scream whenever I feel like it anymore. I also have to get used to sleeping in a different room. And eating in a different kitchen. I just have to get used to the entire house in general.

New school, new friends. This is a big one. A major thing. I will miss my school, my small school by the sea. It'll be a shame to have to move to a different one, as I have spent pretty much all of my school life there. And of course, a new school means new friends. Making new friends can be exciting and a little bit intimidating at the same time. Everyone likes the friends that they have now and nobody - I mean NOBODY would like to say goodbye to them. As of right now, I am quite convinced that nobody could replace the wonderful friends I have now, and no one could be as great as they are. However, I still wish that I found friends that would welcome me to the new school and the new neighbourhood just as my old friends had. -sigh- I hope so.... I really hope so.

Ayways, everybody says that you should be able to adjust well to different surroundings and people. They say it makes you a stronger person and someone that becomes more experienced and all that other good stuff. I guess it's a good thing if you can do it because adjusting to something else - something that you're not used to - is hard.
So I hope you readers enjoyed reading this post, and understand what I mean by having trouble adjusting! I will see you all next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment