Friday, April 13, 2012

An Unfortunate Day

So today was not the most pleasant of days, however I will not say that the reason for all this is because it's *cue ominous music* Friday the 13th. I am definitely not a superstitious person, mostly because believing in all of these different beliefs makes me worry a lot more than I need to. Another reason is because these superstitions simply don't make sense.
So anyways, now that I have given my opinion on superstitions, I shall begin telling you of all the unlucky unfortunate events that happened today.
From the morning, the mood was not at all cheerful. There was a dark overcast and it was raining. I do not like waking up to this type of dark weather, just because it somehow tricks my body into thinking that it's still nighttime, making me extremely reluctant to drag myself out of bed.
After getting dressed half-asleep, I started to sneeze and cough as though I had a cold. This is also one of the thinks that I hate the most, feeling really lousy from the minute the day starts. I figured that all this sneezing would clear up as I got through the day, so I just ignored it and went to school anyway.
And of course, when I got to school, I realized that I had forgotten my lunch at home. So I had to run to the office before school started and call my mom to bring my lunch. At this point I knew that this day would not exactly be one of those good days.
By the time I got to my next class, my allergies started acting up. They started getting worse and worse; but the horrible thing is that we were taking a math quiz and I couldn't get myself to focus.
While I was taking the math test, I realized that I had completely forgotten to do my history homework for last night, which added on to my stress.
It was only the second period of the day, however I knew right away by the way I was sneezing and rubbing my eyes that I needed to go home early.
When I got to the office to wait for my mom to pick me up, my lunch was right there waiting for me. I felt so bad since she didn't even need to drop it off anymore, and also because I had just missed her.
So then, my mom had to come and pick me up again, and by the time I got home, I was pooped. I did not want to do anything but lie down and sleep.
But wait. I'm not done. You see, me and my friends were supposed to go see The Hunger Games in theaters right after school today, but since I was sick, I missed that too.
So many bad events in one day...
*sigh* It never rains but it pours, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment