Thursday, April 12, 2012

Hummingbirds!

So in our apartment complex, there are tons of hummingbirds. And this is really exciting for me, because there are absolutely NO hummingbirds whatsoever in Vancouver. My family and I always get extremely excited whenever Mr. Hummingbird comes to visit us on our balcony; hummingbirds are just happy little creatures.
But the main point of this post is that my dad found a hummingbird nest in our courtyard. (Oh dad, you and your keen eyes.)
Of course, the whole family raced over and practically climbed the tree to get a peek at these baby hummingbirds.
The least I could say is that my heart exploded. The hummingbirds were miniature, probably half the size of your thumb. There were two of them in there, both squished into the nest the size of your pinky. They were looking so cozy.
Honestly, I think that seeing baby hummingbirds in their nests are really rare, and I think I'm really lucky to have seen something as extraordinary as this.
It's really hard to comprehend how small a hummingbird baby is until you've actually seen it with your own eyes; I have to say, I was pretty him really gets you to see the simple pleasures in life-and once in a while find rare things that is a once in a lifetime thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment