Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Report Cards!


Oh no. The dreaded moment. It's time for report cards. Last term. You need a straight 'A' average. And here comes my chance to brag to you.

I got straight 'A's on term three, as well as on the final marks. Oh yeah! I did great. But wait. Listen to this. On the last day assembly, I got called up to the front. Why? Because I won a certificate. Our principal announced, "We have 2 new awards this year. One for perfect attendance, and one for outstanding performance and having an average of straight 'A's for the year."

And I thought, naw, that can't be me. I didn't get straight 'A's on my first term. And what do you know, the first person to be called up to the front was me! Yes, me! I was so proud of myself! There were only 3 people of the 365 people that went to our school that got that award. Yes, I was one of the 3 people that that got the certificate. And the other 2 people were in grade 7!!! When I came home, I hollered, "Mom! Come take a look at my report card!!"

She came over and pulled out my report card, and stared at the straight 'A's. She was happy. I have to say happy, and nothing more like "she was screaming with happiness" or "she jumped for joy" because when I showed her that I got on the Principal's List, and explained how it was much better than getting on the honor roll, (This is the proper time to use it) she was screaming with happiness. Literally. Screaming.

And so was I. All you readers, please tell me what you were extremely proud of this year by commenting below~

Thank you for reading all the way and hearing me brag about my wonderful 'last day of school'!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you got such a good report card. I'm proud of you.You're so smart!


    From ???????????????????????????????????????????

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the best writer in the world and you are very smart [I mean amazing]

    ReplyDelete
  3. ???????????????????????????????????!!!October 17, 2011 at 8:06 PM

    How did you got straight A?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha thanks for saying that Rasho and Rapha :) You guys are so awesome!! Best cousins in the world!!
    And you get straight A's by studying. Studying hard. ;)
    I'll miss you when I go to L.A.!!

    ReplyDelete