Thursday, June 10, 2010

Book Review #1 ~ Olive's Ocean


Hi again~!I decided to give book reviews! Through these reviews, you'll know what books are good too! Today I'll be reviewing the book, "Olive's Ocean". I just finished reading this book, and I loved it. It was a wonderful and touching story about a girl named Martha who is saddened deeply by the death of a new girl at school who was constantly being teased named Olive. Martha barely gets to know Olive, but was the nicest person that Olive knew. Olive gets hit by a car when she was riding her bike without a helmet (tsk, tsk, tsk). Olive's mother then gives Martha a page of Olive's journal, mentioning how she loves the ocean, and how she would one day love to see the Atlantic. It also mentions how Martha was the nicest person in her whole school, and how she would one day like to be bestest friends with Martha. Martha goes on vacation to her grandmother's house, which is resting on a beautiful cliff looking over the Atlantic ocean. a.k.a Martha's favourite place in the whole entire world. I'm not going to spoil this story for you, just in case you read it. But I will tell you this. Martha takes a jar, fills it up with the ocean water, and brings it home to Olive's mother. She calls this little jar full of ocean water.... Olive's Ocean. Cool, huh? But trust me, it's way more touching than my brief discription here. Martha believes that she fulfilled Olive's.... dying wish, let's say. She brought Olive the ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment