Friday, May 4, 2012

Book Review #25 ~ Shiloh

So it seems that I haven't done a book review in a while, and I would really love to share with you the books that I have been reading.

Shiloh ~ Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
11-year-old Marty Preston loves to spend time outdoors in his family's large yard. His summer is off to a great start so far, but everything becomes even better when a beagle he sees on the side of the road follows him home. Marty knows that his family has no intentions of getting a pet, so he decides to hide the dog from the rest of his family and take care of it by himself. He names the dog Shiloh, and they instantly bond.
However, his family finds out that the dog follows him home every day, and his parents insist that he gives the dog back to its rightful owner. Marty tries to tell his parents that he sees Shiloh's owner abuse his dogs, but they stand their ground and tell him over and over to do the right thing. They finally manage to take Shiloh back to its owner, but giving up is the last thing that Marty will do. He tries harder than ever to get Shiloh back, deciding to do whatever it takes to get the dog back into his loving care.

This was a very moving book, and I loved every bit of it. The visualization was so great, I could clearly imagine every scene in the book. The story may not seem like much at first, but it is much more intriguing and deep than you would think. I found myself turning page after page, always wanting to see what came next. Overall, I personally thought that the book was fantastic and well-written.

No comments:

Post a Comment