Friday, May 18, 2012

Dissecting An Eyeball

Finals are over, thank goodness, and I guess to celebrate, we dissected a sheep's eyeball in science class. I was definitely looking forward to dissecting the eyeball until I actually saw our teacher dramatically pull out the dripping eyeball from the bucket. Since it was our first time dissecting an eyeball, he walked around the classroom playfully shoving the eyeball in people's faces, meaning for us to get used to seeing it.And of course, amused by our reactions, he would go around plopping our very own eyeball on our trays so that it would splatter.
I have to admit, I was slightly horrified by the fatty round object staring up at me, but once I snapped on my latex gloves, I got in there and fearlessly cut the little sucker open.
It was not the most pleasant sight, but it was definitely interesting. I won't go into every little detail for my weak-hearted viewers out there, which is also the reason why I will not be uploading an actual picture either.
Overall, it was a great experience and although seeing the eyeball made me a little woozy at first, I'm really glad that I got a chance to do this dissection!!

No comments:

Post a Comment