Thursday, March 29, 2012

Drawing

I found my long lost love a few days ago. Drawing. I drew ALL THE TIME throughout elementary school and then when I somewhat lost the creative mind of a small child with a big imagination, I just quit on drawing. Worst mistake ever. So there I was just sitting at my desk, not sure if I should be doing something productive, when I picked up a pencil and started drawing random things. So yeah, they weren't masterpieces, but they weren't horrible either. Little drawings here and there inspired me to do other drawings, which led me to decorating my binder, then my notebooks, then my journal. At this point, I've got almost everything you can imagine decorated. My lamp? Yes. My clock? Mm-hmm. My computer mouse? Totally.
So I've decided to keep a journal where I illustrate the things that happened as well as write. It's a lot more entertaining, and I don't procrastinate on my journal entries anymore! :)
In other news, I have entered and been called to present at the finals for a speech contest. 1st place is $300. If I win, I shall buy myself a scanner... and possibly probably use the rest to buy chocolate. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment