Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Movie Review #1 ~ War Horse

Yes, that's right, now I'm doing movie reviews as well. You see, I realized that I've seen so many great movies, and it seems that it's a shame not to share these great movies with you guys. So as you know, I've been sick for a couple days, and when you're sick and it's spring break, there's really not much to do but sit around and watch stuff. So that's basially what I did!
I watched Steven Spielberg's War Horse today, and it was spectacular. I loved every minute of it. Especially since I have always had a love for horses, it was a movie not to be missed. The movie's protagonist is Albert, a teenager whose father buys a horse to help plow their fields. Of course, he becomes extremely attatched to the horse, and the horse to him. Albert puts all his effort into training his horse, whom he names Joey. They spend such good times bonding together, but to Albert's dismay, his father sells the horse to the military, struggling to make ends meet. Albert is devastated. From here, Joey makes his way between both sides of the war, through the countryside and the city. Although Joey journeys through all places you would think possible, he thankfully remains in good hands the entire time. All this time, however, Albert has not let a moment pass without Joey crossing his mind. The movie unravels a very exciting and enveloping plot as Albert tries not to lose the hope of being reunited with Joey once more.
Wow. This was all I could say after I watched the movie. It was simply a breathtaking movie, and I've gotta say, there's a reason that this movie won an inredible 5 Tonys and the Best Picture Acadamy Award. The movie was actually really emotional, making you sit on the edge of your seat throughout the entire movie. It is simply gripping; I don't know how I can give it a higher praise. If you ever get a chance, definitely look up Steven Spielberg's War Horse. It's definitely worth watching, and easily takes a place in my list of top ten best movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment