Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sick. Again.

Yes, unfortunately I am sick again. It seems as though my cold is always just waiting to pounce on me during breaks from school, when I am supposed to be out having fun instead of lying helplessly in a bed covered in tissues. I was sick on winter break, and now I'm sick on spring break. *sigh* just my luck. Oh, and speaking of luck, I've had a lot of it! Except it's been bad. If you just read my previous post, you would know. You see, my heating just went out yesterday, and to make things even worse, I got sick. I was pretty glad that we had another warm house to come home to, but of course, there was a problem with that too. To make things a little clearer...
We live in a rental apartment complex, so the manager isn't like the entire owner of the building. Apparantly a person from the main rental place comes a couple times every year to check on things, but in our rental complex, nobody ever came to check, according to our manager. Until today. And when the person who came to check saw our sleeping bags on the floor of the empty apartment (yes we left them there because we were going to go right back after eating here in our cold house) she got kind of angry and told us to get out immediately. So basically we were kicked out of the warm house.
Now we really have to brave it out with lots of blankets.
And of course, on top of all that, I'm sick. I realized that I forgot how much I hated being sick...
I'm sticking it out with some help from advil.
I'm still worried about how I'm going to sleep tonight, since I'm always really cold when I'm sick and the house being cold will just make it worse...
So that is basically the bad news that I have today. And I guess the moral of the day today is be thankful for your health... And heating.

No comments:

Post a Comment