Friday, June 1, 2012

Movie Review #3 ~ "Soul Surfer"

So the other day, I finally got to watch "Soul Surfer." I had heard many good things about the movie and I had been wanting to watch it for some time now. The movie is wonderful but contains a sad story. What I love about this movie is that it's not just pure sadness throughout the whole thing, but is a story in which sadness turns into success. "Soul Surfer" tells the story of a 13-year-old girl named Bethany Hamilton who is a champion surfer. Born into a family of surfers, Bethany has been in the water since she was a baby, and has belonged there ever since. She spends her life in the water and has grown up with surfing. She leads a happy and content life until a tragic accident occurs while surfing with her best friend. A shark attacks her, biting her arm off. She remains remarkably calm as she is rushed to the hospital and tries to stay that way and trust in God.
Right then and there, her life is changed forever, for now she must learn how to live her life with only one arm. It takes everything she has in her to get back in the water again, but once she does, she comes out triumphantly.

What I loved so much about this movie was that it was based on a true story. I thought that the movie itself was amazing, but to hear that this had actually happened in someone's life made the whole thing surreal. Many parts of the movie were heart-wrenching, but I had to admit that there were many happy and heartwarming moments also. Overall, I thought that the movie was great, and I really wouldn't mind watching it again!
I definitely recommend this movie for everyone; it's worth watching.
Bethany Hamilton and AnnaSophia Robb
                                                                    (Bethany Hamilton in "Soul Surfer")

No comments:

Post a Comment