Sunday, February 12, 2012

San Diego Zoo!


So yesterday, after weeks and weeks of asking and asking and asking, we finally got to go to the San Diego Zoo!!
I had been anticipating this for an extremely long time and I was delighted when my parents told me that our schedule had finally opened up and that we could drive to San Diego. I was so incredibly excited, because I had never been to a zoo before and my first time ever to a zoo was to one of the best ones in the world!!!
When we got there, I took my parents all through the park, stopping at exhibit after exhibit and taking tons and tons of photos. We saw everything from the smallest meerkats to the gigantic elephants. 
One of the coolest animals that I got to see were the pandas. I have always loved pandas and have always wanted to see one in real life. Unfortunately, this little guy was sleeping the entire time, but he was still just as adorable, if not more.     
I have to say that the monkeys were one of the most amusing animals that I saw at the zoo. I could clearly see where the phrase "monkey business" came from; these monkeys were so lively! They were climbing around on the fence and pee on each other. They would all gather around and fight over a small bit of food that I couldn't identify and jump from tree to tree. I honestly didn't know how crazy monkeys were until yesterday.
Another cool thing that I got to see at the zoo was two of the most unlikely animal friends together. A cheetah and a dog apparently the best of friends, were just chilling out in a large exhibit together, and many people seemed to be drawn to that particular exhibit the most! They were both extremely playful, and as you can see in this picture, they were always playing around with each other. A few times I thought I saw the cheetah lick its lips and eye the dog for a second, but that was probably just my imagination~ :)




But my favorite animal in the entire zoo would have to be the river otters. They were not only adorable, but they put on quite a show too. They would swim in front of the glass and do 360 flips in front of all the little kids' faces pressed to the glass! They were by far the most playful animals I had seen in the whole zoo. They would do flips and dives - it was like synchronized swimming!! They looked so huggable too...
All in all, I had a wonderful time at the zoo yesterday - it was one of my most memorable experiences! There were so many cool things that I would've never gotten to see if I hadn't been blessed enough to have the chance to go to the zoo!!
I hope that all of you will have a chance to go to this or other zoos sometime; I say it's worth going at least one time!!
Thank you all for tuning in once again!

No comments:

Post a Comment