Monday, October 17, 2011

The Rockies! Day 4

Although I haven't done a post on the Rockies in a while, I am still following up with it! So here I go with....
The Rockies! Day 4
So after sleeping at that horrible Lake Louise Campground, we finally made our way to the definitely not horrible Lake Louise. The lake really was as beautiful as everybody said it was. The colour of the water was simply heavenly. It was a blue-green colour, but had a turquoise hint to it. It had a bit of white thrown in too, so it made a lovely swirly colour in the water. The mountains in the backround just completed the scene, and made the whole place picture perfect.
 There was also a trail to hike, and that took us about thirty minutes. It wasn't too long, so I liked the hike very much. You basically just walk along the shore of the lake, so you always have a magnificent view while walking. After the hike, we looked around the Lake Louise Chateau (A Fancy Schmancy Hotel) and marvelled at all the wonderful items in the shops and around the hotel. We walked by the people eating lunch there a few times and my dad decided that we could eat there for lunch. Although the meal was a bit expensive, I loved eating there. The food was first-rate, and I loved the view of Lake Louise from the big windows inside the restauraunt. It was a beautiful hotel, and I ended up promising to my parents that when I got older, I would earn lots of money and send them to this hotel for their anniversary.
So after leaving the beautiful lake, we headed on to see Morraine Lake, the next stop on our list. Although it was quite lovely, I have to say that it was nothing compared to Lake Louise. When we got there, after walking a few steps down the trail with my mom, I got drawn to the gift shop and spent the majority of my time there, looking at all the small souvenirs that they were selling and trying on different sunglasses with my dad. The gift shop was quite fun, actually! After reluctantly being dragged away from the shop empty-handed, we piled into our van and drove on towards Banff Hotsprings. We were looking forward to sitting in that warm and pleasant pool after a long day of hiking and driving. After changing into our bathing suits, we went outside, and boy, was it chilly out. Certainly not weather to be running around in your swimming suit.
So I eagerly jumped into the steaming pool and relaxed as I thawed my body out a bit. I loved that you could see the snow topped mountains in the distance and all the lush green trees surrounding it. It was really magnificent to be there. We wanted to stay until the stars came out, but because we didn't have dinner yet, we were pretty hungry and decided to leave. So we made our way over to the next campground we were to sleep at : Village II Campground. Now this campground was ten times better compared to Lake Louise Campground. Although it did have a feeling of parking on a street and sleeping there, it was so much better. The bathrooms were much cleaner and bigger too. Some people might say that it lacked privacy, but since everybody was tucked up in their RVs all warm and cozy, we didn't feel that way at all. Our plans were to eat dinner and then return to the hotsprings to soak ourselves some more, but seeing that we were all exhausted, we decided to stay in and rest instead. So we gulped down our dinner and clambered into the van, eager for the warmth. Although it was much earlier than when we usually slept, we lay down snuggled next to each other as sleep slowly overcame each of us.

That was the end of day three, folks! Thank you for coming to read my post, and stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment