Saturday, October 1, 2011

Mentorship

Hello, fellow readers~!!
So I have come back with somewhat- well, I guess pretty exciting news. I went to an interview to see if I qualified for a mentorship, and after a while of answering Ms. Milden's questions, she informed me that I was accepted into the program and that they would try to find a mentor for me to work with. The area of mentorship I qualified for is writing. I actually love writing a lot, hence the reason I started this blog. I actually started out just writing once in a while, but my love for writing grew and grew as I started writing more often on this blog. It was great to get the chance to be interviewed, and I loved it even more since I got accepted and will get to be with a mentor that would help my writing skills climb higher and eventually (hopefully) write a story!! You see, my main goal is to write a capturing story that makes the reader smile and be driven to tears and burst out laughing. Anybody can start a story. Not a lot of people can continue on and finish one. I'm kind of one of the people that can't figure out a good enough ending to finish it. Sometimes it's because my mind is completely blank and I'm just sitting there, trying to conjure up an idea from the back of my head. Sometimes I have a million things running through my mind but I just can't decide which one would stand out against the others. I could really use a mentor that would give me bits of advice here and there and help me to create a riveting story. Anyways, it's a really great experience that I am grateful to encounter! Special thanks to my teachers (from my old school and my new school) that recommended me for this program! I am forever thankful, and I often wonder what this word would be without teachers!
Sorry, I'm getting sidetracked.
Anyways, I just wanted to tell you that I'm beginning my mentorship, and I just thought that I would share the news with you!
Stay tuned for more, folks~!




                                                                                           
                                                                  Above: What a mentorship looks like. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment