Monday, July 25, 2011

Merritt, B.C.

Hi Guys!
I was going to write another book review, but I decided three book review in a row might start to get a little bit boring... or maybe I was wrong. But whatever.
So I went all the way to Merritt, B.C. on Saturday. For those of you who don't know where Merritt is (Probably most of you) it's three hours South...North... East... West... Okay I don't know but it's three hours away from Vancouver in one of those directions. Of course, I slept for two of those three hours and according to my mom did not get to see the beautiful scenery which turned out to be cows and pastures and the smell of poop for as far as you could see... and smell. So boy am I glad that I fell asleep. We took the famous Kokahala Cocahala Kocahala Cocacola (Gosh I can't believe I spelled that wrong so many times... BUT HEY IT'S HARD TO SPELL) Coquihalla highway to Merritt. It's pretty much really long and high up. Not much really... Okay so we were on that highway when suddenly the gas ran out. Thankfully the car didn't stop dead in the middle of the highway, but we were now running on emergency fuel and we needed a gas station fast. But like I mentioned before, the highway is long. Endless. We still had around 30 more minutes to go. Hoping there would be a gas station if we turned into an exit, we did, but came to another road-with almost no people. When a car drove by my dad got out of the car and got the people to stop, and asked them where the nearest gas station was. The people said the nearest one was 30 minutes away. We explained that we were running on emergency fuel and we couldn't last for 30 minutes, even though that probably wouldn't have solved the problem. But these nice people said that they had a gas can at their house which was only a few minutes away from where we were standing, and told us to follow them to their house. Thank goodness those people showed up or else we would really be stuck in the middle of the highway. So we followed them up to their cute little house (It was sky blue and it looked like a house for your dolls to play in) and they filled our gas tank up. At that point to us they felt like angels sent from heaven. So we kept driving... until we got to the house. It was a really nice house with windows everywhere and 25 acres of land! They even had a barn with horses! And there were these cute little mice running around outside...
So the whole reason we were there is because my parents had to discuss something to do with business that I wouldn't really care about. It was like a business meeting. We were
there for around 5 hours, and guess what I got to do for five hours?! I GOT TO ....
read. Yippee. I really sat there reading for five hours and I finished an entire book. (I will do a book review on it later) And after reading for five hours, guess what we got to do next! We got to DRIVE BACK FOR THREE HOURS! YAY! No, but really, after 6 hours of driving and 5 hours of reading, I was pooped. I got home and slept until the next day.
Anyways, that's pretty much all I did there. I just thought I'd tell you about my day of sleeping, looking out the window, sleeping, reading, then sleeping again. It sounds relaxing, but not when you have NOTHING ELSE TO DO BUT SIT THERE. Oh well. I enjoyed the sleeping part though~~
Alrighty then. See ya' later folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment