Saturday, September 1, 2012

Book Review #28 ~ The Dark is Rising

So I finally got to finish this book over the weekend after reading for a week or two. I thought that it was a fairly good book and worthy of showing my precious viewers, so without further ado, here is:

The Dark is Rising ~ Susan Cooper

When Will Stanton turns eleven, his entire life changes. He discovers something special about himself that he had never known before. He is one of the Old Ones, immortal beings dedicated to keeping the world out of evil's clutches. He is overwhelmed by all the new events that are happening and all the new information being hurled at him. However, time doesn't allow him to stop and catch his breath, and so he is immediately enveloped into a hunt for the six magical signs that will eventually be a great help in the final battle between the light and the dark. And so Will finds himself caught in an overwhelmingly exciting, terrifying, and fascinating chain of events during the twelve days of Christmas as he musters up his strength and courage to face the forces of evil.

This book had a very large amount of imagination in it, so it was quite interesting to see what the writer would so cleverly place in the story next. However, I wasn't completely absorbed in the book as I was with some others I had read in the past; mainly because the searching of the signs was a surprisingly brief process-much shorter than what I had been expecting. It was also because the signs were quite easily found. Yes, with some amount of struggle, but not too much; the signs simply appeared. But overall, I was quite satisfied with the book.
I hope that you will enjoy the book too!

No comments:

Post a Comment