Thursday, September 22, 2011

Book Review #22 ~ Savvy

Hi, folks!
So I'm back with another book review! I thought that you guys might like this book; it's pretty unique, and the writer was really creative, in my opinion.
The book I will be reviewing today is called:
Savvy - Ingrid Law
Our story is about the Beaumont family. They are quite different from ordinary families. You see, the thing that makes them special is that when the Beaumont children turn 13, their supernatural power - their savvy - kicks in. But on the eve of Mibs' thirteenth birthday, her father is injured in a terrible car accident, leaving him in a coma. Mibs and her family are absolutely devastated when they find out what had happened, and Mibs isn't sure she can get through her birthday without her father. She is no longer anticipating the moment when she will find out what her savvy will be, but instead thinks about her father every single minute of the day. Of course, she is not able to enjoy herself, what with being sick with worry for her father. But when her brothers, friends, an unusual but spunky old lady and a delivery man that is a nervous wreck embark on an extraordinary adventure, the day takes a turn... for the better or for the worse you'll soon find out. The journey is an odd one indeed, and it takes them to new places and new people; on top of all that, Mibs' savvy suddenly appears and shocks her and the people around her when she starts to act strangely. Their adventure envelops everybody in a turbulent chain of events.

I thought that this book was actually really good. It was very creative and I think that if I was writing a story like this one, I would really have to think out of the box. The story wasn't very predictable (that's a good thing - I don't really like stories where you know exactly what'll happen next) and took you through lots of different events. I thought the book was 5 out of 5 stars, and although it might be a bit easy for some, I definitely recommend that you read it.

Anyways, thanks for tuning in, folks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment