Saturday, November 13, 2010

Piano Festival

*gulp*  I have a Piano Festival coming up. Coming up as in RIGHT NEXT WEEK. I am always nervous before festivals. Whether it is 5 minutes before I play or a month before. I always get worried about what will happen if I mess up. I have practiced for so long now, and I hope I can win this thing. I have completely memorized each little bit of the song. My mom kept telling me to practice 120% out of 100%. She told me that when I get up there, I will get nervous and that will cost me around 20% of all my hard work practicing. Just because I'm nervous. Oh well.
So it will be a semi-formal occasion, but according to my mom, I still have to wear a dress. (wearing a dress is not really at the top of my "favourite things to do" list.) So I'm wearing a fancy black dress with fancy black shoes. I'm not fond of fancy black anything. But it's all I have so I have to wear it whether I like it of not.
I'm going to my teacher's house today to get the feel of playing on a new piano. (new as in I've never ever played it before.) I have to go in my "festival attire."  That means all dressed up as I would to the real thing. So this is pretty much like a rehearsal.
The past 2 weeks I've had to practice the song in my shoes, so I can get the feel of working the pedals with my shoes on. This is a pretty stressing experience. I'm in the competitive division, so they will be giving us prizes. 1st place, 2nd place, and 3rd place.
Well, I'll report back to you how I did after Wednesday, November 17. That's the date of the REAL THING.
Good-bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment